We believe that picking one's vocation is a developmental process.
- K-6 students become aware of various jobs and careers
- 7th and 8th students are more investigative about careers
- 9th and 10th more in-depth exploration occurs
- 11th and 12th concern about preparation needs for careers
- post high school training or enter work force
The framework that the Lake City Guidance Department utilizes is Holland's Vocational Personality Theory. According to this theory there are basically six RIASEC types.
- R - Realistic - practical, physical, hands-on, tool-oriented
- I - Investigative - analytical, intellectual, scientific, explorative
- A - Artistic - creative, independent,original
- S - Social - cooperative, supporting, helping
- E - Enterprising - competitive environments, persuading, leadership
- C - Conventional - detail-oriented, organizing, clerical
Our goal is to help students identify their strengths and find the job cluster that fits them best.