LAKE CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
VISION, MISSION, PRIORITIES, AND CORE VALUES
The Lake City School Board and administrative team asked citizens and community groups for their thoughts regarding our schools’ strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities. We have set a course to develop a community-based strategic plan to clarify where we wanted to be in the future. After undergoing an extensive data gathering process, the following vision, mission, priorities, and core beliefs emerged:
> OUR VISION
The vision of the Lake City Public Schools is to develop and deliver academic and co-curricular programs in a safe and encouraging environment that fosters personalized learning and prepares students to be responsible and productive 21st century citizens.
> OUR MISSION
The Lake City Public Schools is dedicated to education as a life-long process to develop the potential of each student.
> OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Facility Improvements: provide high quality facilities
- Financial Responsibility: exercise financial responsibility
- Quality Staff Development: utilize effective professional development
- Student Achievement For All Learners: maximize student achievement for all learners
> OUR CORE VALUES
We believe in:
- Creating a safe, supportive, and welcoming environment.
- Providing innovative and rigorous learning opportunities that utilize technology as well as reflect individual needs and interests.
- Developing a sense of responsibility and respect for oneself, others, and the community in order to work and live as dynamic citizens.
- Supporting and developing leadership and teamwork skills for all those who are a part of Independent School District #813.
- Designing collaborative staff development that is grounded in data and best practices
- Partnering with the greater community, so all voices can be heard as we work together to create schools that inspire every student.
- Maximizing the district’s resources of time, talent, and finances.