Early Childhood Screening (ECS) is a program that helps you see how your child is developing before they enter Kindergarten. ECS also helps find potential health and developmental concerns that may cause barriers to your child’s learning. ECS connects you and your child to programs and resource to support healthy growth and development. ECS is required by Minnesota law for all children before entering Kindergarten.
Is there a fee? ECS is FREE to all children ages 3, 4, and 5-year olds.
Why screen at 3?
- To see how your child is growing and developing
- More time to provide support if there are concerns
- Connect you and your child to early education programs and resources
- Get it all done and out of the way before Kindergarten
What is the process?
Call our office at 651-345-7170 to make an appointment for your child. Or if you prefer, email our office at email@example.com
Complete the forms needed for the screening.
- Forms may be mailed to you or downloaded here.
- Bring the completed forms to your child’s appointment or email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
On the day of the appointment:
- Bring your child
- Bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport and immunization record
- Plan for at least an hour for the screening
- You may accompany your child throughout the screening
- Your child will be screened in each of the areas below:
- All results and your child’s health history and immunization will be reviewed at the end of the screening.